Total Maniac Views

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"All You Single Women Are Just BITTER!"

I have heard this statement from way too many people!  Whether it's the guy that is treating his woman badly and found out that she was getting advice from her single friend.  Or the unhappy woman that is tired of hearing the TRUTH from her unwed buddy.  Either way, I'm tired of hearing it!

Now, don't get me wrong there are some angry and scorned women who do not want to see anyone happy because they themselves are miserable.  And we all know the saying "misery loves company".  But sometimes (and in most instances) this is not case.  Me being someone who has given advice to a lot of my friends I know that depending on your current situation, it will determine HOW the information will come out.  If I'm in a relationship, and I am happy in my situation, the advice that I will give will more than likely be sugarcoated with a lot of "How do you feel?" questions.  But if I'm single and I don't have Cupid's arrow piercing my heart, my friends will hear more "How much are you willing to take?" questions.  This is due to the fact that when someone is in a relationship, floating on cloud 9, they know that oh so familiar feeling of not wanting to be shot down.  You tend to lose that discretion when you're single and the only person making you happy is yourself.  But that doesn't make a woman bitter, or mean that she is giving "selfish" advice.  It basically just changes the delivery and essentially hardens the blow.

Another issue, well more of a question I have is: If I do not want to participate in drowning myself with my tears while I listen to every "love lost" love song made, does that also make me bitter?  I mean, with me being freshly seperated I can say that I no longer want to be the woman that dwells on a broken heart, or almost gives herself a heart attack from thinking about all of the "what-ifs".  I would rather think about my future and learn from my past.  That doesn't mean that I'm not happy for the next person that's in a relationship.  I still love LOVE and wouldn't allow my past experiences to affect the help that I give to anyone in a difficult situation.

Whew! Glad I got that off of my chest.

Signed,

The Unscorned (and NOT bitter) heart

No comments:

Post a Comment