Total Maniac Views

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life: Too Short To Take For Granted

Well, let's see. I haven't done any blogging in awhile, but I'm back!  The six month hiatus I took was not planned, more of a slip in routine.  Basically, I allowed my love for someone else take me away from ME.  I didn't see it happening and once I woke up and realized what was going on, it was almost too late. 

So here I am, on the other side and I feel like I'm starting over.  And I mean completely over!  And it's mainly due to my most recent (and only) brush with death.

It started the evening of Tuesday January 17, 2012.  I started having abdominal pains which then turned into me being rushed to the hospital, losing 2.5 liters of blood, having emergency surgery and having two blood transfusions.  Yeah, a lot I know! With death knocking on my door and me pulling out of it I couldn't help but to realize that things needed to change.  I was able to pull myself out of a lot of situations that I found out were dysfunctional and unhealthy.  Friends became associates and a lover who was my everything became someone I had to learn to love from a distance.

All of these things may seem like a lot and just a really tragic story BUT actually I feel truly blessed!  I am still here for my son, I have another opportunity for greatness, and I just have a whole new outlook on life.  Sometimes while going through our day to day routine and facing adversity, we tend to lose sight of the bigger picture. And that is: Tomorrow is not promised to anyone!  So instead of complaining about what I don't have and what the next person did to me, I'm grateful for the moments I get to spend with my son and the times I'm able to give my friends advice and make a difference in their lives. 

So now I'm back and I feel like I have some things that I can share.

So strap up and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment